About Intercept LiteLock™
Better Window-Making. Better Windows.
The Intercept LiteLock™ system by GED Integrated Solutions and Vitro is a new extruder tip and sealant bead application system that provides licensees of Intercept® insulating glass technology with extraordinary efficiency, performance and quality improvements.
Intercept LiteLock™ facilitates up to 20% faster IG Oven & Roll Press processing speed while creating a wider processing window. The impact on the Intercept® insulating glass unit (IGU)? A more consistent and secure spacer seal that maximizes window insulating performance. The impact on your operations? Not only more speed, but also reduced energy consumption, precise sealant application, and a smoother, more forgiving application process. LiteLock also has been rigorously tested with triple glazed IGUs.
Upgrading your existing GED Intercept® spacer system to Intercept LiteLock™ is a minimally invasive process compatible with all GED SmartExtruder™ i-3 sealant and desiccant application systems.
Wider Processing Window
- Improved ability for double-glazed IGUs to achieve consistent sealant thickness over a wider range of GED IG Oven & Roll Press processing variables
- Consistent seal thickness on all four sealant layers with triple IGUs
- More tolerant of spacer splay and handling damage during spacer folding
- Proper sealant wet-out that is less dependent on spacer splay
Improved Glass and Spacer Adhesion
- Greater surface area of the sealant is exposed to IR heating in the GED IG Oven & Roll Press – 48% more than standard extruder tips
- Less dependent on roll pressing to move sealant to final dimensionally tolerant position
- Reduction of air entrapment along the original wet-out contact point for superior adhesion to glass
Sealant Material Reduction
- Precise application and reduced squeeze-out minimizes waste
- Elimination of material press-out the back of Intercept spacers
- Reduces possibility of unwanted sealant beyond the glass edge
- Reduces sealant sticking to carts and gloves
Robust Triple IG Processing
- Rigorously tested process with thickness/temperature recommendations
Optimized Process Efficiency
- High speed, low-temperature processing through IG Oven & Roll Press
- Energy savings (electric to run IG Oven & Roll Press)
- Faster IR heating of sealant due to increased surface area vs. standard tips
Easy to Upgrade
- Minimally invasive upgrade
- Compatible with all GED SmartExtruder™ i-3 sealant and desiccant application systems