Nearly six years after the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (AIA) overhauled the U.S. patents system, diverting it from a “first to invent” to a “first to file” line of ruling, door and window manufacturer Andersen Corp. was at the front of the line for putting the system’s derivation proceedings to the test. That process ended recently, in a ruling that came down in favor of GED Integrated Solutions, the holder of the contested patent.
COVID-19 UPDATE TO CUSTOMERS
The health of our employees and their families is our highest priority, as is maintaining our business’ ability to serve our customers. As a critical supplier to the construction industry, GED will remain open to:
- Manufacture & ship product as planned
- Answer machinery & software service
- Help keep machinery running
- Supply required parts & consumables
- Provide onsite service as required